Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter... anyone?

''It's Easter once more. My youngest son said to me the other day, that the magic had gone out of Easter. It was just another day. Sadly I wondered when his boyish enthusiasum had waned and then I reasoned that at 17 he had other things to occupy his thoughts. That made me think of our heavenly Father and how sad he must feel when we loose the wonder and mystique of the real reason that we celebrate Easter. How He must cringe when He sees us wilfully forgetting that his son died a horrific death that we might be forgiven our sins, of which there are plenty.
Take some time this Easter to stop, kiss a friend, hug a child, smell the flowers, offer a lift, give some encouragement,just be there when you're needed, tell your husband/wife that you love them.
Love one another as Christ loved you"

No comments:

Post a Comment